Membership is open to the residents of Sun City West who hold a valid recreation card. Dues are $30 per year and for $5, members can rent locker space. When you decide to join Stained Glass Crafters, you will receive training and orientation conducted one-on-one or in small groups with an experienced instructor. The cost of this training is dependent upon the experience level of the new member. The instructor will make an assessment at the time of training.
The Stained Glass club is open to all club members and their accompanied guests.
When do we meet?
Stained Glass Crafters conducts quarterly informational meetings. In addition, various social events are held during the year to include invitations to spouses and guests.
The Club’s general meetings are on the fourth Thursday of January, April, September and November at the Palm Ridge Recreation Center.
What else do we do?
A biennial “glass house” tour is held to showcase the work of our members.
Silent Auction – Over the year, the club receives donations of glass and other stained glass supplies. Silent auctions are held periodically to allow club members to bid on the items. The proceeds go to the club to help subsidize events and club purchases.
At a minimum, 2 events are scheduled each year in December and in the Spring for socializing outside the club workshop. The club often schedules field trips, carpools to glass suppliers, and member home open houses.
Where can you buy our creations?
Our works are displayed in the Library and Visitor Center (at the Village Store) as well as the display case at Palm Ridge Recreation Center. Many of the displayed items are for sale so inquire within those locations.
How Can I Join?
Anyone who is a member of the Recreation Centers of Sun City West, Inc. is welcome to join the club. When you become a member, you will be entitled to attend our regularly scheduled meetings, receive club newsletter via email and attend the social functions of the club. To become actively involved in this club and to enjoy its privileges, a number of responsibilities and obligations need to be fulfilled. The instructor will prepare you to practice the craft in the studio.
The novice will attend approximately 10-12 hours of training that include:
- Instruction in the basic techniques of copper foil method to complete a project in foil with solder (not glass caming).
- Learn the safe and proper use of equipment in the studio.
- Receive instruction on monitoring responsibilities.
- Receive a copy of our Safety Regulations and Members Guide.
- Be informed of personal costs for supplies and tools not supplied by the club, approximate cost of $160.
The previously trained will attend a two hour session and be willing to:
- Demonstrate to an instructor that you can meet the level of our novice class.
- Demonstrate techniques in foil and solder.
- Display a knowledge of tools and equipment.
- Receive instruction in monitoring responsibilities.
- Receive a copy of our Safety Guidelines and Members Guide.
- There is a fee for this two hour session, approximately $60.
Effective December 2018
Annual Membership Cost $30.00. This fee includes the club member name badge.
Annual Locker Space Cost: $5.00
Annual membership requirements: active members are required to monitor 4 times per year and utilize the club a minimum of 24 times.